Monday, March 17, 2014

Inspiration Part 2

I've been behind for weeks.  I had a very sick dog and visits to the animal hospital consumed all my time and mental energy.  Mochi is on the mend, and I am trying to get back on track.



I left off with Cheryl (previous post) and Inspiration.

Inspiration is named because that's exactly what it is.  From the beginning, this piece inspired me.  It actually began with just a piece.  When I saw it at the Luckett's Market, I saw it's potential.  I was inspired to create something with it.  With assistance from my better half, I did just that.


A top was made from raw oak lumber.  I learned to plane wood by hand!  

Inspiration is ready for purchase.  A beautiful hand made (I made the top myself) solid wood round table to accent any room in the home.  Complete with a stained top and fluted legs.  Inspiration will be difficult to let go, but will look stunning in a new home.  ☺

Price:  $160

Dimensions and Details:

32” Round, 26” High

I decided on a weathered look for this piece.  I stained the top in a mixture of 1:1 Rustoleum's Carrington:Dark Walnut.  I love the color and the depth it gives to the piece.  

Base is American Paint Company's Wild Horses, dry brushed with Van Gogh’s (VG) Cashmere.  The top and base are waxed, creating a beautiful matte finish.  LOVE.






















And if you find yourself in Leesburg, VA stop by Weathered Elegance on Loudon ST SW.  The owner Donna stocks VG paints and finishes, and the candle pictured above from Himalayan Hand Made Candles (Patchouli Ginger).  LOVE.  Well worth the stop.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment