Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Annie, William, and Harry





My next project has been in the works.  I found this small Queen Anne style table that was in need of repair.  It had a broken leg that needed repairing, and it's surface was well loved.  After bringing her back to life, I enhanced her beauty with American Paint Company's Lincoln's Hat.  I debated on painting the entire table, in the end I decided to because I was getting tired of working the two tone look.  While repairing her, I found chairs that compliment her beautifully.  It took a while to decide on fabric for the seats.  I settled on something neutral with gray, beige, and pewter tones, an edgy sophistication that would pair with a pop of any color, and added extra padding for optimal comfort.

I love the end result.  I cant wait to stage these pieces and photograph.

I used the same process previously described with the paint.  This time I opted for American's water based top coat for the added durability required for table and chair use.  My prior experience with other water based top coats was better than this one.  I let the paint cure for 48 hours and still experienced drag.  Perhaps I applied too heavy?  The effect mimicked natural distressing that if left alone would have presented beautifully. The perfectionist in me made the mistake of trying to correct when I shouldn't have; I ended up having to reapply paint and finish, luckily to only one section of one piece.  ARGH!  Note to self............. PATIENCE!

Enjoy.
Let me know what you think.
And please visit my Facebook page at Simply Stunning Style.
Simply Stunning Style The Royals
Cheers.

By the way, if you find yourself wanting to try American Paint Company's products (I love them) and you live in the area, visit Melissa Harris and her Mom at Totally Vintage Design in Haymarket, VA.  Tell them Melanie sent you. You'll enjoy the experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment