Thursday, February 20, 2014

Business is Growing!!

I have had quite an eventful couple of days.

First off, The Provence Cabinet sold!  It has a new owner and she has already sent a picture of my masterpiece in her home.  So HAPPY!  Not only do I have a new customer, but I also made a new friend.  Seems my buyer and I have a lot in common; two gals who can discuss design and decorating all day long.

While picking up an item I was purchasing, I met another customer.  She has ideas for converting her 12 yr old daughters "play room"  into a teen lounge.  While discussing design, she agreed to repurpose the item (desk) I was purchasing, into a vanity.  I cant wait to unveil her Birthday present from Mom and Dad.  So EXCITING!  I LOVE offering design and decorating advice.  Who knows, maybe I can be a part of the bedroom/teen lounge makeover.  :)

Today I met a customer who lives in my neighborhood. I was picking up an old buffet/hutch combo that I have two ideas for.  Hmmm.....  While in her basement she showed me a BEAUTIFUL dresser with a marble top that she has tried selling.  Well worth the $300 she'd been asking, there it sat without a purpose.....until I came along.  I have got her thinking about it's potential and hope to help her turn this into something she can use on her main level.  After some discussion, we headed upstairs to locate a new home for this beautiful piece.  I think we may have found one or two.  :)  Upstairs, she mentioned that she wants her kitchen cabinets redone.  Hmm, guess who may be quite busy soon?  On my to do list is to create sample cabinet doors of various requested colors to bring into the natural light of the home, because every color looks different in different light.  Stay tuned...

Met a photographer to capture images of my work.  Hoping to find someone to help build a website where I can use these images.  Looking forward to working with Stephanie personally and/or professionally.  Visit her website and get to know her work @ Ascari Photography

Lastly, discovered my neighbor is going to be my partner in crime at tomorrows barn sale (Ekster Hamilton, VA).  Cant wait!

Now updating the Blog and FB page to keep you all informed of new happenings, techniques, and experiences.

Thanks for all your interest and support.  I truly appreciate it and YOU.

Design is a funny word. Some people think design means how it looks. But of course, if you dig deeper, it's really how it works.
Steve Jobs

No comments:

Post a Comment